Parent Portal FAQs & Troubleshooting
I created an account on the Parent Portal but never received a confirmation email OR I reset my password but did not receive an email. Why not?
- The confirmation email was issued, but your email filters sent it to a folder like junk, spam, promos or it was blocked.
- The email was invalid because of a user error at the time of entry. i.e. spelling mistake, incorrect domain (i.e. .com instead of .ca)
- Search your email for [email protected], the originating email. Do not reply to this email address – it is not a monitored account.
- Try again
I’ve set up a Parent Portal account, but when I try to log in, it says that my password is ‘invalid’.
Make sure that the password you’re using is correct. If the webpage is still showing the password as invalid, use the ‘I forgot my password’ button to reset your account.
I received the link to reset my password but the system would not accept my new password.
- You have not met the password pattern requirements.
- Ensure you have the following requirements in your password: at least 8 characters, including one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one special character (!&#$@), and one number.
I’ve logged in to the Parent Portal. But NO students are showing. How do I see my student’s bussing information?
If you have created an account and no students or only some of your students are showing it is because the email address you used to create the parent portal account with is not the same email address that is listed as contact information at the school.
Solution: Either update the email contact information at the school or change your parent portal email account information. (See instructions below how to change your email address on the Parent Portal).
My student(s) are listed in the Parent Portal. Why are there no transportation details showing?
- Check the address information showing on the account. Your address information may not be correct or up to date. Notify the school of any address changes.
- Your address is not eligible to receive transportation. Check your address using our Eligibility Tool.
- You have previously opted out of transportation or the school admin has advised us your child was not using transportation services. To opt back in for transportation, contact your school administration. Note: once determined, they will be posted on the ourschoolbuses.ca Parent Portal. Log into the Parent Portal.
- You were enrolled in online learning and are now returning to in-school learning.
I am logged to the Parent Portal. Why can’t I see all my students?
The website only allows you to see one student at a time. There is a dropdown button that allows you to switch between each students. Make sure the email address listed at the school is the same for all students in your household. It also must match the email used to create your parent portal account.
Can I change the email address for my Parent Portal account?
Follow these steps to change to a new email address:
- Log into the Parent Portal account as usual.
- Click on the ‘Parent’ dropdown menu and select ‘My Account’.
- Enter the new email twice, add a new password and click on the ‘Update’ button.
I’m having issues logging in/viewing the Parent Portal on my device
Try using another internet browser (examples Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge). Avoid using Chrome on Mac computers.